Oh March Madness! How your name suits you… Thanks alot Duke & KU! #bitterbydefault
All basketball disappointments aside– I will admit I have a little madness of mine own, though, don’t we all?! And I’ve come to the realization that you just gotta OWN THAT ISH, my friend! It’s part of your passion, your quirks, it’s all a part of who-you-are, what makes you so incredibly unique and valuable and imperfectly perfect!
My madness just happens to be super girly and not always very cost effective in my life.
Yeah, yeah, banking institution, you can stop sending me fraud alerts every week — I really am shopping THAT much.
But once in a while, after countless (read: thousand$) of dollars, you find your Holy Grails! And since we’re so blessed to live in a day and age of convenience, we have Luvocracy to track all our “luvs” and make it simple (and at times, cheaper) to have a one-stop-shop right in your own living room!
Luvocracy is simply Pinterest with the ability to shop/buy directly from your “luvs” without ever having to track anything down, do any comparison shopping (hey, I’m a little cheap like that — don’t judge me), and really have it all (and delivered!) straight to the door of your adorable humble abode. And if the order is messed up, well, #firstworldproblems.
- Apple Cider Vinegar — RAW & ORGANIC ONLY — if it doesn’t have “mother” on it, don’t fool with it. You can read all about its benefits here. But let me just say, this stuff has changed my life. Let’s give credit where it’s due; this has helped with my massive sugar cravings and metabolism. I can’t sing its praises enough.
- Coconut Oil — ORGANIC & UNREFINED — yes, I jumped on this bandwagon. No, I have no intention of jumping off anytime soon. The list of benefits is MASSIVE but here’s a brief overview. And maybe it doesn’t whiten teeth like a trip to the dentist, but oil pulling is all natural and I’ve got to say, a trip to the dentist NEVER left my teeth feeling this clean! True story. But decide for yourself, my friends!
- LUSH Big Shampoo — by far the most clarifying shampoo I’ve ever used. Smells wonderful, gets your hair squeaky clean. But, warning, don’t use this more than once a week and always follow up with a very deep conditioner. It can be a bit drying, but it is natural according to the company. The cost? A bit over the top, I’ll admit. But if you’re only using it 4 times a month… well, one tub lasts me 3 months. Save the tubs! Once you have five, trade them in back at LUSH for a mask!
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque — This. Stuff. Is. A. Miracle. Worker. I’m not even kidding. Leave it on for a minimum of 7 minutes and your hair will rival the world wonders.
- NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base — if you have oily eyelids (don’t you “ew” me!), and even if you don’t, this magical mixture well keep every speck of eyeshadow in place ALL DAY. I have tested this theory, as well as a million eyeshadow primers. This stuff is worth the money (but it took a severe amount of debating and time wasted to figure this out). Live and learn.
- Jordana 12 HR Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil — this little baby is beyond cost-effective at less than $4 a pop at Walgreens. This pencil liner is THE smoothest, longest lasting, most pigmented liner I’ve ever used. True Gem. I even got my mom hooked! That, ladies and gentlemen, is a win! Love you Mom ❤
- Converse — yep, kicking it old school. Classic. Simple. Versatile. You need them. Do a Pinterest search for them, you’ll see what I mean.
- Mini Mac by Rebecca Minkoff — well, I’ll be honest. This little bag is SUPER overpriced. Beyond obscene. But if you can snag one consignment, or eBay, do it. I got mine second hand (and still over priced) but I use it constantly. It’s like a Mary Poppins bag, I’m always suprised by what I can fit in it!
What did you find yourself reaching for time and again in March?