So let me just tell you a little something about myself. Much like my co-conspirator Charlie, I have an unhealthy obsession with spending money, and not always on things that I need. I’m aware of said problem (this is the first step to fixing it, right?) but continue to go down the slippery slope of buying useless things that I use/wear once or twice and then find 5 years later in the back of a closet somewhere.
That being said, there are always a few favorites that I turn to time and time again. While these things might not work for everyone, they are my old faithfuls that get me through my life every day!
- Tone it Up: This is a fairly new favorite of mine, which I learned about from the show on Bravo, Toned Up. Let me say that I find it very difficult to be motivated to work out. Ok, who doesn’t have this issue? I like activities that don’t remind me that I’m getting a workout, like dancing, hiking, etc. But, as I get older and things start to get soft, I realized I had to add a little something extra to my routine. The Tone It Up ladies are fun, real, and easy to relate to, and their program has helped a lot of people. While I don’t subscribe to their nutrition plan (it’s a bit too pricey for me) I do enjoy doing their workouts 3-4 times a week. My favorite is their Total Body Toning Workout that I got when I signed up for their newsletters. I definitely recommend signing up and checking their website and YouTube channel for great workouts, recipes and inspiration!
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream:
I recently purchased a Smashbox Try It Kit from Sephora, which included their Camera Ready BB Cream. I am in LOVE! This BB Cream is silky, goes on easily, and isn’t tacky. I have really dry, sensitive skin and this formula doesn’t rest in my dry spots or make me look cakey, and best of all it doesn’t break me out. I have tried a lot of different BB Creams, foundations, tinted moisturizers, and this is the first one that just really works for me. It is a bit pricey ($39 – eek!), but it’s true what they say, you get what you pay for.
- Maybelline Full n’ Soft Waterproof Mascara: I have been using this for YEARS. I keep trying new mascaras but I always go back to this one. For me, it really separates my lashes and makes them look full without clumping or feeling heavy/weighed down. I have recently been pairing it with the Cover Girl Clump Crusher (thank you kellylovesbeauty1) and just love the combination.
- Liquid Eyeliner: In general, I cannot leave the house (unless only going through the Taco Bell drive-thru) without my eyeliner. I’ve been rocking the liquid look since 2005-ish and have never gone back. I recently picked up the NYX Felt Tip Liner at Nordstrom’s Rack and have really been liking it. However, my tried and true liquid eyeliner friend is Maybelline Line Stiletto.
- Carmex Hydrating Everyday Lotion: It was one of the best days of my life 4 years ago when Carmex came out with their own line of lotions. Hands down this lotion saved my life (dramatic, I know). For a girl who’s legs tend to resemble the Sahara Dessert pretty much year round and as someone who suffers from eczema, this lotion added some much needed moisture to my life. Until very recently I was also using as my every day face lotion (gasp!). Def recommend trying it if you haven’t!
- Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer: This is also a new favorite and life saver. After my Carmex lotion started to fail my face needs due to testing too many new products and my face freaking out, I found this little beauty. It’s great for dry, sensitive skin, goes on nicely, dries quickly, and doesn’t feel sticky or too thick like some moisturizers can. This moisturizer also helps reduce my redness and really does last the 12 hours that it claims to.
- Sparkly Loafers: Often referred to as “smoking loafers,” I simply cannot get enough of these shoes! I have 4 or 5 pairs (and am looking to grow my collection). My most recent pair are these beautiful J. Crew Addie Studded Loafers. I have them in black and just cannot get enough of them! I bought mine on eBay for the low low price of $40 – a steal if you ask me!
That’s all for my favorites for now! Let me know if you’ve tried any of my favorites or if you have suggestions for new things to try!