I DID IT!
I USED THEM ALL!
I feel a sense of pride and accomplishment when I actually use an ENTIRE product from start to finish. Especially when that product is Chapstick since I do nothing but LOSE them (hence why none are pictured). So I will go through each product I used up, give a brief overview, and my recommendations (for whatever they are worth – haha).
From top left to top right:
1. LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo – this is my THIRD container of this shampoo. LOVE IT! GREAT deep cleanser. But use it sparingly as it can REALLY dry your hair out. I only use it once a week and my hair/scalp are literally squeaky clean afterwards! It’s pricey at around $30 but it lasts me about 3 months. I also like the smell! In the words of OutKast… “so fresh and so clean, clean!”
2. LUSH Mask of Magnaminty – GREAT mask to draw all the impurities out of your skin. Smells minty fresh (duh) and also doubles as an exfoliator when you wash it off. I leave this on about 20 minutes and then have BABY soft, clean skin. This mask was $13 and lasted me about 3 months. I’ll definitely buy it again!
3. Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response Deodorant – hey, no one wants to be a sweaty smelly mess. I am allergic to a main component in most deodorants but natural deodorants just don’t cut it for me, unfortunately. This one smells kind of manly (right up my alley) but it definitely works ALL DAY. I usually buy these for almost FREE at CVS with store rewards, manufacturer coupons, and store coupons combined. Can’t beat the protection for next to Free! 🙂
4. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – I. LOVE. THIS. STUFF. I had this $28 tub for FOUR YEARS and FINALLY used it ALL. And then immediately went out and purchased a new one. Now I’ve got to say, I have this in the tube form for travel, and while that is more sanitary, I notice better results with the tub vs the tube. Don’t ask me why, I just would swear the tub is better for me even though they are are EXACT SAME PRODUCT. I put this on every night after applying serum, then again every morning after serum and before primer. LOVE it.
5. Bath & Body Works Wild Berry Tulips – pretty sure this was a limited edition scent from last summer. But it was a gorgeous smell and I miss it already! Fingers crossed Bath & Body Works comes out with something fruity, sweet, and similar this summer! It had almost a slight masculine hint to it…
6. Clear Scalp & Hair Total Care Shampoo – drugstore SCORE! My hair is limp, fine, thinning, lifeless. (I’m a real beaut, huh?) But this shampoo makes my hair soft, shiny, manageable, without flyways! Deep clean with the LUSH Big Shampoo first, then follow up with this. Incredible results. Again with my CVS obsession & coupons, I can get this for free. Since I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week, one bottle lasts me quite a while. I’ve tried the other versions of Clear but only this one seems to do wonders for me.
7. L’oreal Elnet Satin Hairspray– CULT FAVE FOR A REASON! It’s pricey at around $13 at Walmart (though mine clearanced it to $5 and I swear if it’s discontinued, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth). Amazing hold, flexible, soft! Not such a fan of the scent but hey, that doesn’t last forever.
8. Jergens Soothing Aloe – I’ll be honest, I won’t be repurchasing. This $7 lotion really didn’t do much for me unfortunately. I didn’t notice any hydration or smoother skin and I used it religiously 3 times a day. Bummer. But on to the next one! I will say, I did like the clean scent.
9. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub – Walmart does it for me again. At $6, this scrub is very fine but course (oxymoron, anyone?). Very effective exfoliator to use prior to shaving, self-tanning, and just all around smoothing. They have a few scents and I just grabbed this one on a whim, good stuff for sure!
10. Macadamia Deep Repair Mask – HOLY GRAIL! I’ve discussed this product before. I use it twice a week when I wash my hair, any more uses would result in oily, weighed down hair. But this mask is INCREDIBLE at doing EVERYTHING it claims. Pricey at $27 but a tub lasts me 3 months and to me, the results are worth every scent. I’m now on my third tub. So yeah, DEFINITELY recommend.
11. Dolce & Gabana L’imperatrice Perfume – I bought this 3 (?) years ago. I don’t entirely know what I was thinking that day. This scent was just not “me” but I used it up. I preferred their manly scent that has since been discontinued. Also, the staying power was not up to par for me. Glad I used it up and got my money’s worth ($65)… but I’m not sad to see it go.
Any recommendations for me as replacements for any of these products???