Hello everyone! First of all I want to start off by saying shame on me for ignoring the blog for the past few weeks – I’ve been busy with life/work/traveling/Tone It Up-ing, but that’s no excuse! I’m making a promise to myself to get back into blogging about the things I like and enjoy because it just makes me happy 🙂
Now that that’s out of the way…MAY FAVORITES!!
I have been waiting all month to share some of my favorites with you all. Some oldies but goodies made it onto the list this month and of course I already have some great things saved up for June favorites…but you’ll have to wait for those! Without further adieu, I present to you, my favorites for the month of May:
1. Beautiful Day Body Spray – B&BW: I rarely buy lotions/sprays from Bath & Body Works because I really only go for their candles and foaming hand soaps (seriously obsessed with those btw – I think I have a stash of like 15…), but when I ran out of my fav body spray (Gap Dream – a throwback to my Jr. High School days…), I went on the search for something new. Enter the Beautiful Day line! This smells like apples and pears with a little bit of a flowery note to it. TBH it reminds me of Be Delicious by DKNY, which I used to wear in college sometimes (because I always stole it from Charlie…haha). This is a great summery scent IMO and I splash it on each morning. I don’t think the smell lingers throughout the day though which is my only complaint. I also really like the Pure Paradise scent, which I scored in a mini lotion for my purse. What are your fav B&BW lotions/sprays?
2. Neutrogena Ultra Soft Eye Make-up Remover Pads: So I’m not sure if these are “new” but I found them a few months ago at Nordstrom’s Rack and they seemed much softer than the Extra Gentle Remover Pads also by Neutrogena. I’m not sure there’s really a difference but these seemed less scratchy, which is great for my super sensitive eyes. In the spring/summer I get extra dry, itchy eyes from allergies, and like an idiot always rub them, making my eyelids and under eyes irritated. These don’t burn your skin like others do and I think they do a great job of removing waterproof mascara. I just repurchased these for about $4.99 at NR but I’m sure you can find them in the drugstore as well.
3. Carmex Everyday Hydrating Lotion: This is the oldie but goody that I was talking about above. I LOVE this lotion! I just think it’s great for everyday use and I love the smell. It’s super moisturizing – I really can’t sing enough praise for this lotion. If you haven’t tried it, definitely do!
4. Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes: Since I despise washing my face at night (I’m just lazy, no other excuse), I decided to try out these wipes as a way to remove any dirt/oil/remaining makeup before bedtime. These are fragrance free and aren’t oily like some face wipes I’ve used. They leave me feeling refreshed and clean and ready for bed. I don’t know if these are supposed to be makeup remover face wipes or not but they do a good job of removing any lasting CC cream that I’ve applied in the morning. I recommend these for people with sensitive skin!
5. Beautiful Day Superfruit 2 in 1 Body Scrub + Wash: So I picked this up along with my spray mentioned above (I think it was buy 2 get 1 free or something) and can I just say…game changer! This stuff smells amazing as a body scrub and I love the little scrubbing beads. I’d don’t normally do body scrubs because of the texture of them (pet peeve is when they get stuck on the bottom of your tub and then you feel like you’re stepping in sand – eww), but I will make an exception for this stuff. It leaves me feeling refreshed and makes my entire bathroom smell awesome. It’s a body scrub, I’m not sure what else to say about it…but it looks like it’s pretty popular since it’s sold out on the B&BW website. I only wish you got more for the price!
6. Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2 in 1 Lash Boosting Serum + Eyeliner: I have saved the best beauty product for last. As you know I love me a good liquid eyeliner and I’ve been trying to find a new one to love as I was getting bored with my Maybelline Last Stiletto felt liner. When Charlie told me I had to try this one from Physicians Formula I thought ‘why not.’ SO GLAD I DID!! Things I love about this liner: easy to apply, goes on smoothly without breaks, can easily adjust width/intensity of the line you want, easy to wing out for cat eyes, color is very pigmented, lasts all day long, dries fast, doesn’t smudge…the list goes on and on people. As for its claims to be a lash booster, I have no idea if that’s true or not. I like to think my eye lashes look fuller but lesbihonest, I think I’m just seeing things. Regardless, this is worth the money (think I paid $12-14 for it at CVS? Of course Charlie got hers for free, that crazy couponer). Buy this ASAP, you won’t regret it!
So I have one last non-beauty related favorite. I’ve been doing the whole Tone It Up Bikini Series Challenge (read my intro post here) and during this whole process I’ve been looking for good iPhone Apps that will track my activity. I went through a ton (Map My Walk, Run Keeper, some other ones I don’t remember) before settling on Argus. I love this because it tracks the steps you take, you can log runs, walks, workouts, your food, etc. You can set goals for steps, calories, etc., and you can link your other tracking devices to it using Bluetooth. All in all it’s a great app. Best part – FREE!! I believe that you have to have the iPhonse 5S in order for it to be able to track your steps but I may be wrong about that. If you’re looking for an all-in-one app definitely check our Argus!
Ok everyone, those are my favorites for May – can’t wait to show you June favorites at the end of the month. Share your favorites for the month of May in the comments!